Family Promise brings shelter, meals, and support services to homeless or about to be homeless families and homeless pregnant women. Family Promise is a cost-efficient, effective community response to family homelessness.
1. We offer help for families consisting of:
- Two parents with child(ren) with at least one child under the age of 18
- Single parents with child(ren) with at least one child under the age of 18
- Legal guardians with child(ren) with at least one child under the age of 18
- Pregnant women with or without other children under the age of 18
- We do not support single persons. Contact Bridge to Home (661) 254-4663
- There is absolutely no fee for services.
- We are NOT a shelter.
- We house families in our Transitional House for 30 to 90 days while they find employment and/or housing. There is a waitlist firstname.lastname@example.org
- We shelter families in motels. We do not receive motel vouchers.
- Our host congregations are all currently closed due to COVID-19.
3. Day Center
- Our Day center is closed due to COVID-19.
4. Social Service Agencies
- Family Promise works in collaboration with other Social Service agencies. Local social service agencies refer families to the program and may also help guests find or provide housing, jobs, and other needed services.
- Volunteers can still be actively involved in support families:
- Provide groceries and meals to families living in our Transitional House. Contact Rachel at email@example.com for the sign-up.
- Coordinate a drive to collect supplies, toiletries, cleaning supplies, laundry detergent, diapers, socks, underwear, etc.
- Collect gift cards to assist families with Uber, gas stations, Walmart, Amazon, Target, Trader Joe’s, Aldi, Ross, etc.
6. Guidelines for admission to our Transitional House:
- Completion of criminal background screening.
- No active substance abuse. We test for opioids, alcohol, marijuana, and methamphetamine.
- No untreated mental health issues.
- No active domestic violence. A court order must be in place.
- Families must be capable of participating in a structured, group living environment supervised by program staff and the house mother.
- Meet 3 goals: find work, find housing, save money.
Families are accepted into the program during regular business hours. After hours or on weekends, please leave a message at (661) 251-2868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org