What can you do to help families in need?
There are many ways you can help. No matter the size of your involvement, anything (and everything) you can do or give will help in a big way.
The following are various ways you can help.
Make a Financial Contribution
Family Promise maintains low operating costs, but still relies on the generosity of local individuals, service clubs, businesses, and congregations for support. One-time donations, recurring donations, Special Fund Raising Events, or Club 365 (giving a dollar a day) can easily be done by clicking on the link below.
Contribute Time. Volunteer.
There are lots of ways for volunteers to contribute their time and efforts in Family Promise. Training and orientation are provided for all volunteers.
- Host Congregations: Host Congregation volunteers provide hospitality to Family Promise guest families through their congregations. These volunteers provide meals, overnight hospitality, and a friendly face.
- Support Congregations: Support Congregations provide volunteers to a nearby Host Congregation to help support their team.
- Volunteer Coordinator (VC): Each Host and Support Congregation has a volunteer who coordinates hosting activities for their congregation. Volunteer Coordinators work closely with the Network Director to meet the needs of guest families. Click here for a current list of Congregational Coordinators.
- House Warming: These volunteers donate furniture, gather household supplies for guest families and help transport furniture when families are ready to move into their new homes.
- Resource Center Volunteer: Assist with office needs such as answering phones or various clerical duties, as well as assisting our guest families while at the Resource Center. Additional assistance is always needed on the weekends.
- Volunteer Driver: Family Promise provides transportation services to our guests families to and from our congregations and the Resource Center. Class B drivers are needed on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Special Events/Board Committees: Family Promise needs many volunteers who are interested in assisting with special events or serving on a Board committee. Board committees include: Public Relations, Development, Finance, Nominations, Personnel and Special Events.
- Training/Tutoring for Guest Families: Share your skill sets by teaching classes in parenting, budgeting, nutrition, computer skills, reading, art or anything else you can dream up!
Let Us Know How You Might Volunteer: