Family Promise is looking for a Case Manager to help us provide help, support and opportunities for homeless families in the Santa Clarita Valley. If you are a fit for the description below and would like to apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to us via e-mail.
To provide supportive services and counseling/case management services to families participating in the Family Promise program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct family screenings and intake interviews with prospective families; determine a family’s candidacy and admittance into program
• Complete Intake process for families entered into program; make all necessary preparations at center and with congregational coordinators, prior to family’s admittance
• Provide positive support and guidance to families; develop resumes and assist with employment development
• Meet with families to develop case plans, provide direction, job training and monitor progress in securing housing, employment, and entitlements
• Assist guest families with social service needs; provide referral services to families in program and callers seeking assistance
• Regularly meet with Network Director to discuss and evaluate each family’s progress, and together determine next steps; participate in family graduations and exits
• Assist with general phone calls, data entry, and documentation
• Perform related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledgeable of local housing authorities, social service agencies and general assistance programs and their eligibility rules and regulations.
• Ability to demonstrate compassion, understanding and empathy for Family Promise guests.
• Ability to hold guest families’ information in strictest confidence.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Excellent verbal and oral communication skills.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 15 pounds.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, or related discipline, desired.
• 3-5 years of experience working in a social service setting with case management experience, preferably with homeless population and experience with employment development
• Experience developing case plans and case documenting
• Advanced computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office products
Part time, 20-25 hours per week (will be required to work weekends and some holidays)
RATE OF PAY
$15.00-$16.50 per hour
Please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail.