Family Promise of Santa Clarita Valley (Interfaith Hospitality Network) is an affiliate of the national nonprofit organization committed to helping homeless families with children achieve lasting independence. Family Promise mobilizes community groups and resources to provide safe shelter, food and compassionate support services to homeless families and aid in their transition to permanent and sustainable housing.
JOB TITLE: Weekend Van Driver
REPORTS TO: Network Director
To transport guests of the Family Promise of Santa Clarita Valley program from the Resource Center in Canyon Country, CA to the evening host location using the program’s 15-passenger van.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive the program’s van to host location and back to Resource Center at 8:30am–9:45am and 3:45pm–5:00pm on Saturdays and 7:30am–8:45am and 3:45pm–5:00pm to transport passengers and at 2:00pm–3:45pm to transport bedding from one host congregation to another on Sundays.
- Work additional hours which may be scheduled to allow for fueling, cleaning and maintaining the van.
- Assists passengers in getting in and out of vehicles, and other courtesies.
- Assists passengers in securing wheelchairs, infant and child seats and personal belongings, as necessary.
- Performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of automotive equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion, understanding and empathy for Family Promise guests.
- Ability to hold information about family guests in strictest confidence.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 15 pounds.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Hold current California Class B Commercial Drivers License with Passenger endorsement.
- Have superior driving record, with no outstanding tickets, warrants or serious violations. Must be willing to submit to periodic Motor Vehicle Reports.
- Minimum two years of Class B driving experience preferred.
RATE OF PAY: $10.50 per hour
START DATE: ASAP
To apply for position, please fill out the form below. Please DO NOT call our offices regarding position. Best qualified applicants will be contacted directly.
Family Promise of Santa Clarita Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.